SaaS Platform Terms of Service
Please read the following Terms of Service carefully as the provisions contained herein shall govern your access and use of the Website.
“SaaS Platform” refers to the web application hosted at lawsyst.com.au and its subdomains.
“Subscriber” refers to the person who signed up for the SaaS Platform and is responsible for the billing, and administration of additional users.
“Client”, “Customer”, “You”, refer to the Permitted User.
“Permitted User” refers to the Subscriber or an additional user under the same subscription as of the Subscriber.
“Content” refers to the data and documents uploaded by the Permitted User to the SaaS Platform.
1. The Subscriber must be above 18 years of age. Once registered, You certify and confirm to have met the entire eligibility prerequisites and that the information provided is authentic and genuine. The Provider have the sole rights to accept or reject any registrations.
1. This service is for legal professionals, paralegals and for those who work in a legal service firm as a functionary except that if your job background (current or past) is to do with providing IT support, software development, application support, consultant, researcher or anything related to a technical nature you are prohibited to signup or use this service under somebody else’s name; unless you have a prior written approval from the Provider.
1. Upon signing up for a subscription, the Permitted User is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sharable limited license to access and use the SaaS Platform on a self-service basis.
2. The Provider does not access, view or review the Content unless required to provide support. The Provider does not claim intellectual property rights with respect to the Content.
3. The Permitted User agrees not to reproduce, clone, offer to sell, resell or manipulate access to the SaaS Platform.
4. The Permitted User agrees not to alter, reverse engineer, or otherwise interfere with the SaaS Platform.
5. The Permitted User agrees not to use the SaaS Platform in any manner which may violate copyright, data protection or intellectual property rights or in any manner which is unlawful, offensive, threatening, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or in violation of these Terms of Service of the SaaS Platform.
6. The SaaS Platform is protected by the UK and international copyright laws and treaties. All ownership, licence, intellectual property, and other rights to the SaaS Platform shall remain exclusive property of the Provider.
7. The monthly quota for each Subscriber is 40GB. Any additional storage allowed is at the sole discretion of the Provider. The Provider may remove older files when a quota has exceeded. You acknowledge that the SaaS platform is not a file storage service. Files are stored only for the purpose of creating a bundle and when a bundle has been created and finalised, You acknowledge to remove the source files; a) to free space in your subscribed account and b) to reduce the risk of accidental exposure.
8. The Provider may add, remove, and amend features of the SaaS platform as it may be necessary from time to time. Continued use of the SaaS platform deemed to be your acceptance of any such modification.
9. The Provider may temporarily halt access to the SaaS Platform for operational reasons, including, but not limited to, maintenance or installation of upgrades. The Provider will endeavour to provide a reasonable notice prior to such an event.
WHO MAY ACCESS THE SAAS PLATFORM
1. Only a Permitted User can access the SaaS Platform.
2. Access to the SaaS Platform may only be performed via the portal website. No programmatic or scripted access is allowed.
SECURITY IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
1. Permitted User shall be responsible for protecting the security of their login credentials (usernames and passwords).
2. It is the responsibility of the Subscriber to ensure that the Permitted User follows the best practices to prevent unauthorised use of the login credentials, and will quickly notify the Provider, upon learning that a username has been lost, stolen, compromised, or misused. Any such notification will need to be sent to the Provider using the support email address given under the Support section of this page.
CHARGES AND ACCOUNT CHANGES
1. All payments are made upfront at the time of purchasing a subscription or whenever an account credits are replenished.
2. No refunds are given for a partial use of the SaaS Platform.
3. Subscription ownership cannot be changed.
4. Permitted User cannot be changed or renamed.
5. Prices are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Provider.
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
1. A subscription can be cancelled at anytime by the Subscriber using the self-service cancelation feature of the SaaS Platform. There is no cancellation fee. No refunds are available for the unused credits.
2. The Provider at its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or discontinue providing the SaaS Platform to any Permitted User without notice for non-compliance with these SaaS Platform Terms of Service, and pursue any other remedy legally available to it.
3. Upon cancellation or termination, all Content associated with an account will be permanently deleted from the SaaS Platform without an option to recover the deleted items.
WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. The SaaS Platform is provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis and the Provider explicitly rejects all warranties, including the warranties of fitness for a given purpose
2.The Provider and anybody associated with the Provider in whatsoever capacity does not warrant that:
a. the SaaS Platform will fulfil any specific requirements;
b. the SaaS Platform will be error-free, continuously available or secure;
c. the output from the use of the SaaS Platform will be accurate;
d. any defects in the SaaS Platform will be rectified.
3. The Provider and anybody associated with the Provider such a director, a partner, an employee, affiliate or a consultant shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Provider has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
a. the use or the inability to use the SaaS Platform;
b. the cost of procurement of a substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the SaaS Platform;
c. any unauthorised access to or alteration of Permitted User transmissions or Content;
d. any price change, suspension or discontinuance of the SaaS Platform
e. any loss of Content, breach or security, modification to a feature or to the SaaS Platform itself;
f. any loss of Content subsequent to a cancellation or termination of a subscription to the SaaS Platform;
g. statements or conduct of any third party on the SaaS Platform or the content; or
h. any other matter relating to the SaaS Platform.
1. Technical support is only provided to a Permitted User and is only available through email correspondence.
2. You acknowledge and agree that the Provider may use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the SaaS Platform.
3. You acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of data associated with the SaaS Platform, including Content, may be transmitted unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
4. The failure of the Provider to enforce any provision hereof shall not constitute or be taken as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce it at a later time.
5. The SaaS Platform Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between You and the Provider and governs your use of the SaaS Platform, replacing any prior agreements between you and the Provider (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service or similar documents).
6. You shall not assign your rights or delegate your responsibilities under this licence to access the SaaS Platform without the prior written consent of the Provider.
7. These SaaS Platform Terms of Service shall be governed by and understood in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom therein.